One of the hardest challenges that most consumers face when they purchase air conditioner is they don’t really understand the air conditioner remote control symbols, also known as aircon control symbols or aircon symbols or air conditioner symbols. That’s because different air conditioner companies may use different modes in ac with their own symbol.
So you need to know what do air conditioner symbols mean to operate the aircon plus get the most out of it. Therefore, this article we listed down the most popular aircon mode symbols meaning.
Please take note that all aircon control symbols we listed here are for residential and commercial air conditioner, not for car aircon.
We also recommend you read the air conditioning manual that’s provided by the company. These papers normally provided the info that you need to understand about how the aircon operate.
If you’re having an issue on what do air conditioner symbols mean, please feel free to contact us. We’ve rounded a few of the common air conditioner modes symbols used by major AC companies in the Singapore market.
Air conditioning symbols explained
- Universal On/Off Button – the primary one is pretty very easy. It’d look like a round with a slit in it, and it is a symbol for on/Off. You probably have this on your television remote also.
- Plus & Minus buttons – also fairly very easy, these control buttons ambient space temperature. As you should expect plus is up and minus is down.
- Snow Flake Symbol – what does the snowflake mean on ac? In almost every air conditioner remote will have something like that resembles a snowflake that activates the cold features. Aircon snowflake symbol indicates the air conditioner will push out cool air. It is air con symbols for heat.
- Sun Symbol – What does the sun symbol mean on air conditioner? sun symbol on aircon is very common on reverse cycle air conditioning units, and activates the warmth mode, meaning the air conditioner will push out the warm air. Some people also call this symbol as reverse cycle air conditioning symbols
- Fan Symbol – the pace at which the air conditioning unit’s fab blows is normally indicated by a stack of bars or a row, the more bars, the faster the speed of the fan.
- Automatic feature symbol – Auto mode in inverter grade aircon is normally depicted as a round of arrows, sometimes with the “A” letter. With this feature engaged the system will keep a temp after it has been reached. It is available in cool and hot modes.
- Vertical Air Swing – What is horizontal swing in aircon? This feature is depicted as circling set bars, sometimes with an indicative arrow aircon symbol. It can normally be set to rotating or static that means the rans will angle up and down in a cyclical style.
- Horizontal Air Swing – it’s the same as the vertical air swing symbol, though, the feature affects horizontal way, and the symbol is normally the same as the vertical key rotated ninety degrees.
- Silent Mode or Quiet Mode – Air conditioning quiet mode often designated by a sign of a figure with a finger over the mouth or sometimes a night scene with a moon symbol. This makes the aircon operate quietly, decreasing fan noise.
- Turbo Button – Turbo mode in air conditioner makes the unit run at a complete capacity of 15-30 minutes, all depending on the make of the system, it’s normally marked by a bicep icon, an arrow that explained motion, or easily by the turbo.
Daikin aircon symbols
Samsung aircon symbols
Fujitsu aircon symbols
LG aircon symbols
Mitsubishi aircon modes, please refer to our previous article for more info.