Table of Contents
One of the hardest challenges that most consumers face when they purchase air conditioner is they don’t really understand the air conditioner remote control symbols, also known as aircon control symbols or aircon symbols or air conditioner symbols or aircon remote control symbols. That’s because different air conditioner companies may use different modes in ac with their own symbol.
So you need to know what do air conditioner symbols mean to operate the aircon plus get the most out of it. Therefore, this article we listed down the most popular aircon mode symbols meaning.
Please take note that all aircon control symbols we listed here are for residential and commercial air conditioner, not for car aircon.
We also recommend you read the air conditioning manual that’s provided by the company. These papers normally provided the info that you need to understand about how the aircon operate.
If you’re having an issue on what do air conditioner symbols mean, please feel free to contact us. We’ve rounded a few of the common air conditioner modes symbols used by major AC companies in the Singapore market.
Air conditioning symbols explained
- Universal On/Off Button – the primary one is pretty very easy. It’d look like a round with a slit in it, and it is a symbol for on/Off. You probably have this on your television remote also.
- Plus & Minus buttons – also fairly very easy, these control buttons ambient space temperature. As you should expect plus is up and minus is down.
- Snow Flake Symbol – what does the snowflake mean on ac? In almost every air conditioner remote will have something like that resembles a snowflake that activates the cold features. Aircon snowflake symbol indicates the air conditioner will push out cool air. It is air con symbols for heat.
- Sun Symbol – What does the sun symbol mean on air conditioner? sun symbol on aircon is very common on reverse cycle air conditioning units, and activates the warmth mode, meaning the air conditioner will push out the warm air. Some people also call this symbol as reverse cycle air conditioning symbols
- Fan Symbol – the pace at which the air conditioning unit’s fab blows is normally indicated by a stack of bars or a row, the more bars, the faster the speed of the fan.
- Automatic feature symbol – Auto mode in inverter grade aircon is normally depicted as a round of arrows, sometimes with the “A” letter. With this feature engaged the system will keep a temp after it has been reached. It is available in cool and hot modes.
- Vertical Air Swing – What is horizontal swing in aircon? This feature is depicted as circling set bars, sometimes with an indicative arrow aircon symbol. It can normally be set to rotating or static that means the rans will angle up and down in a cyclical style.
- Horizontal Air Swing – it’s the same as the vertical air swing symbol, though, the feature affects horizontal way, and the symbol is normally the same as the vertical key rotated ninety degrees.
- Silent Mode or Quiet Mode – Air conditioning quiet mode often designated by a sign of a figure with a finger over the mouth or sometimes a night scene with a moon symbol. This makes the aircon operate quietly, decreasing fan noise.
- Turbo Button – Turbo mode in air conditioner makes the unit run at a complete capacity of 15-30 minutes, all depending on the make of the system, it’s normally marked by a bicep icon, an arrow that explained motion, or easily by the turbo.
Daikin aircon symbols
Samsung aircon symbols
Fujitsu aircon symbols
LG aircon symbols
Toyotomi air conditioner symbols
Toyotomi air conditioner fan mode
This button is used for setting Fan Speed in the sequence that goes from AUTO, low speed, low-medium speed, medium speed, medium-high speed, high speed, then back to auto. Does running the fan on my air conditioner use a lot of electricity?
Toyotomi air conditioner I FEEL mode
Press this button to turn on I FEEL function. The unit automatically adjust temperature according to the sensed temperature. Press this button again to cancel I FEEL function.
Toyotomi air conditioner SWING mode
Press this button to set up &down swing angle, which circularly changes as below:
Toyotomi air conditioner HEALTH mode
Press this button to achieve the on and off of healthy and scavenging functions in operation status. Press this button for the first time to start scavenging function; LCD displays “house”. Press the button for the second time to start healthy and scavenging functions simultaneously; LCD displays “house” and “tree”. Press this button for the third time to quit healthy and scavenging functions simultaneously. Press the button for the fourth time to start healthy (This function is applicable to partial of models)
Toyotomi air conditioner SLEEP mode
Press this button, can select Sleep 1, Sleep 2,Sleep 3 and cancel the Sleep, circulate between these, after electrified, Sleep Cancel is defaulted.
Sleep 1 is Sleep mode 1, in Cool, Dehumidify modes: sleep status after run for one hour, the main unit setting temperature will increase 1setting temperature; In Heat mode: sleep status after run for one hour, the setting temperature will decrease 1, 2 hours, setting temperature will decrease 2 , then the unit will run at this setting temperature.
Sleep 2 is sleep mode 2, that is air conditioner will run according to the presetting a group of sleep temperature curve.
Sleep 3- the sleep curve setting under Sleep mode by DIY:
- Under Sleep 3 mode, press “Turbo” button for a long time, remote control enters into user individuation sleep setting status, at this time, the time of remote control will display “1 hour “, the setting temperature “88” will display the corresponding temperature of last setting sleep curve and blink (The first entering will display according to the initial curve setting value of original factory);
- Adjust “+” and “-” button, could change the corresponding setting temperature, after adjusted, press “Turbo “button for confirmation;
- At this time, 1 hour will be automatically increased at the timer position on the remote control, (that are”2 hours ” or “3 hours ” or “8 hours “), the place of setting temperature “88” will display the corresponding temperature of last setting sleep curve and blink;
- Repeat the above step (2)curve setting finished, at this time, the remote control will resume the original timer display; temperature display will resume to original setting temperature.
The user could accord to sleep curve setting method to inquire the presetting sleep curve, enter into user individuation sleep setting status, but do not change the temperature, press “Turbo” button directly for confirmation.
Note: In the above presetting or enquiry procedure, if continuously within10s, there is no button pressed, the sleep curve setting within 10 seconds, there is no button pressed, the sleep curve setting status will be automatically quit and resume to display the original displaying. In the presetting or enquiry procedure, press “ON/OFF” button, “Mode” button, “Timer” button or “Sleep” button, the sleep curve setting or enquiry status will quit similarly.
Toyotomi air conditioner QUIET mode
Press this button, the Quiet status is under the Auto Quiet mode (display and “Auto” “earphone” icon) and Quiet mode (display “earphone” icon) and Quiet OFF (there is no icon of “earphone” displayed), after powered on, the Quiet OFF is defaulted. Note: the Quiet function cannot be set up in Fan and Dry mode; Under the Quiet mode (Display “earphone” icon), the fan speed is not available.
Toyotomi air conditioner TURBO mode
Press this button to activate/deactivate the Turbo function which enables the unit to reach the preset temperature in the shortest time. In COOL mode, the unit will blow strong speed. In HEAT mode, the unit will blow strong heating air at super high fan speed.
Toyotomi air conditioner X-FAN mode
Pressing X-FAN button in COOL or DRY mode, the fan icon operation for 2 minutes in order to dry the indoor unit even though you have turned off the unit. After energization, X-FAN OFF is defaulted. X-FAN is not available in AUTO,FAN or HEAT mode.
Siemens air conditioner symbols
QAX850 is a master room unit for the RRV856 multizone control system. This system allows you to control your heating and / or cooling and to set your ideal temperature conditions within various zones in the building. The system provides Comfort, Energy Saving and Auto Timer mode with a 7-day programmable schedule. Factory settings are already set however you can adjust these to suit your personal needs.
Press this button to cycle through local zone off or Comfort or Energy Saving or Auto Timer mode.
Do you wish to turn off this zone?
Press this button until display shows the system off symbol. The local comfort zone will be switched off.
Do you wish to change to Comfort mode?
Press this button until display shows the first sun symbol. Room temperature is maintained according to Comfort setpoint and actual room temperature. A Heat or Cool symbol will be displayed to indicate the selected system mode.
Do you wish to change to Energy Saving mode?
Press this button until display shows the moon symbol. This is typically the mode for night time or unoccupied periods where you require internal temperature not to drift to an extreme level.
Do you wish to change to Auto Timer mode?
Press this button until display shows the auto symbol. The system will automatically change over between Comfort and Energy Saving mode according to 8 preprogrammed timers.
Do you want to change the temperature setpoints of Comfort/Energy Saving mode?
- Press the above, the sun symbol and setpoint value is flashing indicating Comfort mode setpoint change expected.
- Then press up or down button to change this setpoint in steps of 0.5°C.
- Press to left symbol to confirm and continue to the Energy Saving mode heating setpoint ( the moon symbol )
- The energy saving mode and heating symbol and setpoint value is flashing indicating Energy Saving mode heating setpoint change is expected; press up or down button to change this setpoint in steps of 0.5°C. Press the left arrow button to confirm and continue to the Energy Saving mode Cooling setpoint.
- The energy saving mode and cooling symbol and setpoint value is flashing indicating Energy Saving mode cooling setpoint change is expected, press up or down button to change this setpoint in steps of 0.5°C. Press to save the change.
Note: If no button is pressed after 5 seconds, setpoint setting changes will be saved and operational mode will resume.
Energy saving tips without sacrificing comfort
Never allow room temperatures to exceed 21°C when heating or fall below 22°C when cooling. Select Energy Saving mode even when you are absent for short periods of time and select System Off mode when absent for extended periods.
Although auto-changeover of heat / cool is possible, it is recommended you select cool mode only in summer and heat mode only in winter.
Mitsubishi aircon modes, please refer to our previous article for more info.