Table of Contents
- 1 Specifications of the Whynter Portable Air Conditioner
- 2 Features of the Whynter ARC-122DS Air Conditioner
- 3 Benefits of the Whynter 122DS 12000 BTU Air Conditioner
- 4 Downsides of the Whynter Portable Air Conditioner
- 5 Whynter ARC-122DS 12000 Air Conditioner Review – Worth Buying or Not
There is no other opinion that Whynter Portable Air Conditioner has gained a lot of popularity just in a short span of time after its release. Its popularity can be seen quickly by looking at the overwhelming and positive feedback from the consumers. While looking at this unit, you may think that it is just like all other compact air conditioners in the market, but if you know its inner specification and what this small unit can do, you will consider it an ideal choice.
Its power cooling capacity and its unique dual hose system add charms to this fantastic machine that can provide you with comfort on extremely hot summer days. The well-known Whynter LLC brand has a highly skilled and experienced team for the manufacturer department, and this Whynter Portable AC proves this fact.
Specifications of the Whynter Portable Air Conditioner
- Brand: Whynter LLC
- Model Number/Version: ARC-122DS
- Color: Silver
- Control Mechanism: Remote Control
- Control Panel Type: Digital LED Control Panel
- Cooling Power: 12000 BTU (British Thermal Units)
- Hose Type: Dual
- Voltage: 155V, 60Hz
- Timer: 24 Hr, ON/OFF
- Max Cooling Power Consumption: 10.5A
- Unit’s Body DImensions: 17 x 29.5 x 16 inches
- Max Cooling Area: 37.2 Square Meters (400 Square Feets)
- Lowest Supported Temperature: 16 Degrees Celsius
- Highest Supported Temperature: 32 Degrees Celsius
- Maximum Hose Length: 1.5 Meters (5 Feet)
- Body Type: Compact
- Number of Fans: 3
- Window Installation Kit: Yes
- Assembly Required: No
- Batteries Required: No
- Machine’s Weight: 27.4 Kg (60.4 lbs)
- Warranty Available: 12 Months for Parts and Labor
- Warranty Available: 3 Years for Compressor
Features of the Whynter ARC-122DS Air Conditioner
- 12,000 BTU Cooling Capacity
- Heavy Duty Dehumidification Mode
- Dual Hose
- 24 Hours Programmable Timer
- Activated Carbon Air Filter
- Remote Control
- Less Noise Emission
12,000 BTU Cooling Capacity
The unit is equipped with a high-performance compressor and can provide high cooling performance with its 12,000 BTU cooling power. This is why it makes it capable of cooling a mid to large size room of 400 square feet in the best way possible. It allows you to enjoy different cooling temperatures ranging from a minimum of 16 Degrees Celsius to 32 Degrees Celsius.
Heavy Duty Dehumidification Mode
Moisture can be annoying, especially on cold days, and nothing can be more beneficial than dehumidification mode. This air conditioner can extract 76 pints of extra moisture from the atmosphere and provide a much better and dry place. You can take out the reservoir from the unit and get it empty once it is filled.
Firstly, it is superior to the single hose air conditioner because of its dual hose design. Secondly, it stands out in the competition with another dual hose ACs because of its high efficiency. One of its hoses prevents outer air from entering inside, and the second stop inside air from getting out. This prevents the occurrence of negative air pressure that can be seen in most of the dual hose air conditioners.
24 Hours Programmable Timer
It has a 24 hours programmable timer which allows you to set the time in the air conditioner of when it should be turned ON and after how many hours it should be turned OFF. This feature not only allows you to get your room chilled even before entering the room but also reduces your power consumption because of its scheduled OFF timer.
Activated Carbon Air Filter
Whynter Portable 122DS Air Conditioner comes with a pre-activated carbon air filter that has the ability to filter most of the dust from the air in an efficient way. This not only provides you with a much cleaner and pure place but proves with more comfort as well.
This air conditioner can be controlled and operated using a remote. This provides you with great convenience because you can deal with all the operations and change its settings without leaving your place or going primarily to the air conditioner for every single operation.
Less Noise Emission
This air conditioner only has a minor sound which is mostly less than 52 decibels. You may think that this is not a low noise, but if you research and look for the other air conditioners in the market, you will easily conclude that this noise falls in the quieter category when it comes to air conditioner noises.
Benefits of the Whynter 122DS 12000 BTU Air Conditioner
- A very decent, compact, portable, and excellent design. Its digital LCD control panel adds extra charm to its attractiveness.
- It comes with a built-in carbon air filter that can efficiently remove dust particles from the atmosphere.
- Comes with three different modes, including dehumidification, cooling, and fan.
- It has a 24-hour programming timer that allows you to schedule your daily or even weekly programmed scenario.
- With its 12,000 BTU cooling capacity, it is one of the best options for midsize to large rooms as it can cool a huge area of 400 square feet.
- Casters at the bottom of the air conditioner bring the advantage of easy mobility.
- Its remote control feature provides extra convenience.
- Its powerful features can easily extract 76 pints of moisture from the atmosphere in a single day.
- It emits <52 dbA, which is a lot less noisy than many of the air conditioners in the market.
- Its 3-speed fans can be a great benefit when you want mild cooling in the room.
Downsides of the Whynter Portable Air Conditioner
- The unit only displays the set temperature and doesn’t show the current temperature.
- As compared to its powerful dehumidification properties, it has a small internal container.
Whynter ARC-122DS 12000 Air Conditioner Review – Worth Buying or Not
The Whynter ARC-122DS 12,000 Portable Air Conditioner has gained the Editor’s Choice Award on amazon. It clearly shows that this air conditioner is worth buying because of its high-performance components and powerful specifications. Its less energy consumption, high cooling capacity, easy mobility, and other amazing features make buying an air conditioner worth buying.