Due to increasing temperature, air conditioner is becoming the necessary appliance for houses, offices, vehicles and other commercial units too. They lower and maintain the temperature.
Over the years, different air conditioning companies are introducing different and new innovative air conditioners like split air conditioner, inverter air conditioner and cassette air conditioner unit. Every type has its own features. Among the mentioned earlier cassette air conditioner units are considered as the latest and popular.
There are many types of air conditioning available in the market which the people select according to their need and choice. But before installing and selecting any appliances you should know the pros and cons of that device. Among the wide variety of air conditioners, cassette aircon are considered as the best ones. To select the best air conditioner for your family is the difficult task.
What is cassette ac
These cassette aircon unit are designed like cassette and are mounted in the ceiling. You can guess from name that these type of air conditioning units are placed in the ceiling of the room or buildings. They have powerful fan that can distribute the cool air through two, three or four sides. Like conventional air conditioner outdoor unit is placed outside the building. Usually you have to mount inside unit into the false unit to hide it from public. In my opinion this is the efficient one as compared to other conventional air conditioner. Moreover designed is so elegant that it can blend with any decoration theme of the room.
Ceiling cassette ac unit
These cassette aircons are designed like cassette and are mounted in the ceiling. You can guess from name that these type of air conditioning units are placed in the ceiling of the room or buildings. They are usually ductless cassette air conditioners. It is actually ductless mini split air conditioner. Only the indoor unit is visible to the public while the remaining are hidden behind the false ceiling making it elegant in design. It have a very unique grill for the blow of conditioned air. It work quietly without producing much noise which make it more desirable. The max sound produced is 38 dbA. Why is my air conditioner making a pulsating noise?
Circular cassette ac unit
It have 360 ˚ airflow blowing air evenly in all directions with greater efficiency. It have self-cleaning filters that will increase the efficiency by 50 percent of the original.
Tips for installing cassette air conditioner :
- You should know where to put it
- You should know about the space availability in your home
- Enough space should be available for the PVC pipe that connect lift pump to exterior
- Ensure proper insulation
- Indoor unit should not be exposed to extreme temperatures
- Should call an expert technician for advice and installation
- Select the correct model, size and brand od cassette a/c unit.
Wiring for installing cassette ac unit
Advantages of cassette ac
- Can be installed in ceiling : As ceiling cassette a/c conditioner can be mounted in ceiling so they save the space and help to use walls for decoration and other purposes.
- Easy to clean filters : The filters of ceiling cassette a/c unit are easy to remove by opening the unit and simply wash them and mount them back. It have a great advantage that you will get clean and fresh conditioned air. Moreover it can efficiently trap the pollutants like dust particles. It also enhance the performance of your ceiling cassette air conditioner. And also increase the life span od filters. It maintain the good smell of inside air by keeping it clean.
- Stylish : Cassette a/c units are very stylish with and elegant grill visible to public.
- Can work as air purifier : If you can use photocatalytic filters in your ceiling cassette a/c units, they will help to purify your indoor air and remove harmful pollutants and clean the environment.
- Cause the air to be well distributed : It have 3-4 units for the distribution of conditioned air. That helps to maintain the temperature in large rooms.
- Cassette ac can circulate air in wide space : They have powerful fans and 3-4 units for the wide area circulation of the area.
- Cassette ac have powerful fans : They have powerful fans for blowing the cool air in the whole room with greater efficiency.
- Do not consume much space : Cassette ac unit consume less area as compared to conventional a/c units.
- Cassette ac units are noise free : They have condenser placed outside the room so that why they are noise free and work quietly.
- Fan speed can be changed : They have powerful fan, their speed can also be adjusted and changed according to the need.
- Programmable thermostat : Programmable thermostat helps to provide more comfort and extra control.
- Energy saving : As they have programmed system energy is less utilized.
- Compact : Cassette ac units have compact system so they are easy to be mounted.
- Elegant look : Cassette air conditioners have very elegant look in which only a small stylish grill is visible to public.
- Cooling time is faster : Due to powerful system cassette a/c units have faster cooling system. Cassette type ac have enhance performanace.
- Remote operation : Ceiling cassette air conditioner provide the max control of the unit. Remote provide you the control by command and customizing your air conditioner according to your need and performance.
Disadvantages of cassette ac
- Compressor is placed outside the building, that requiredrilling of more holes and is costly
- Installment is time consuming
- Installment require more than one a/c units that is again costly
- Difficult to install
- Difficult to repair
|Compact and lightweight||Time consuming|
|Use R410A as coolant||Expensive|
|Programmable thermostat||Installment is time consuming|
|Can be installed in ceiling||Installment require more than one a/c units that is again costly|
|Easy to clean filters.||Difficult to install|
|Stylish||Difficult to repair|
|Can work as air purifier|
|Cause the air to be well distributed|
|They can circulate air in wide space|
|Have powerful fans|
|Fan speed can be changed|
|They are noise free as their condenser is out of the buildings|
|Do not consume much space|
|Easy to maintain|
|Cooling time is faster|
Cassette ac unit mounted in the ceiling blow the conditioned air in every corner of the room using its efficient system and powerful fans. It is very effective especially in large halls and rooms.
What is the difference between split ac and cassette ac? We have a full guide on that. Please have a look if interested.
If you are looking for perfectly efficient, compact, elegant air conditioner with powerful blowing fan system and unique performance for your small as well as large area you should look towards cassette ac, this is obviously the best choice!